While the reception may be the grand focus of your wedding, rehearsal dinners are usually more intimate and personal because they include only the wedding party and your immediate families. It is the perfect opportunity to let relatives get acquainted and comfortable with each other if they are not already. After all, in the next day or so, they will go from being “your families” to “your family” – so not only do you want to focus on this quality time with them – you want to remember every moment!
Some highlights you can expect during the rehearsal dinner:
- Venue: Since rehearsal dinners are so personal, the venue will likely reflect your couple style – they can range from beachside clambakes to formal affairs!
- Yums: Regardless of the venue, you can bet the food and drinks will be incredible. Bring your appetite and indulge (within reason)!
- Toasts: You will raise your glass quite a bit; your parents, your friends, and even you will be dedicating the next sip in someone’s honor.
- Gratitude: Let us face it, you would not be here without the support of your loved ones – take the time to acknowledge and thank them for their efforts!
- Gifts: This is a great opportunity to show your appreciation for your wedding party, especially if they can use it on your wedding day!
With so much going on during the dinner, you might find yourself too busy to get photos of your “most important” people – and there is no guarantee your wedding photographer will get them all during your reception, either! Hiring a professional to cover your rehearsal dinner ensures you will have photos of your closest friends, family, and out of town guests to treasure forever. Each toast, thank you, and gift exchange is documented, allowing you to enjoy the pre-wedding festivities without worrying over who took a picture of what!
After months of planning, the days leading up to your wedding will fly by. Before you know it, you will be newlyweds and heading off into your happily ever after. Do not leave yourself wondering if you missed any special moments – hire a photographer!
At Nicole Gesmondi Photographer, LLC, our base packages for rehearsal dinners include up to 2.5 hours of coverage while you focus on the festivities. Afterwards, you receive a studio viewing session, a private online gallery, and images on USB. We also offer rehearsal dinner coverage as an add-on to our wedding packages – combine and save!
Please reach out to see if your date is available, or if you have any questions!
Nicole Gesmondi Photographer, LLC is a wife-and-husband photography team located in Providence, Rhode Island. We’ve been providing wedding and portrait photography services in and around Providence and Newport, Rhode Island, New York, Connecticut, Boston and more for over a decade.
If this blog was helpful, please share it using the icons below so it can help others, too!